ID PW AUTO 

What's new

Fresh Eyes to Read the Bible III: Good, Evil, and the Resurrection is …

PAGE INFORMATION

NAME Admin DATE12-12-09 18:13 VIEW3,112TIME COMMENT2

CONTENT

Fresh Eyes to Read the Bible - Book 3 : Good, Evil, and the Resurrection
ISBN: 978-89-953885-6-3

$ 28.00 US

Haggai Books

FE3-Front25.jpg

LIST OF COMMENTS

Admin COMMENTS

Admin DATE

CONTENTS

PREFACE 11

PART ONE
When I Would Do Good

1 Communication With God

Hearing God 20
Communication with God by Stages 28
The Tragedy of Eli’s Family 39
Who Shall Persuade Ahab, that He May Fall? 50
It Repents Me That I Have Set Up Saul to Be King 61
The Widow Woman at Zarephath 72

2 Offerings and Tithes

What Are Offerings? 81
He Who Sows Sparingly Shall Reap Also Sparingly 84
The Tithe That Always Abides, Part I
                  – Two Types of Tithe  90
The Tithe That Always Abides, Part II
                    – Is the Tithe of the Law Taken Away? 103
Two Mites of A Certain Poor Widow 112
I Pray You, Give Whatever Comes to Your Hand, to David 122

PART TWO
Evil Is Present With Me

3 The Origin of Evil; Devil, Satan and Demons

The Origin of Evil 137
The Devil 147
The Devil Having Tempted Jesus I
                      – Man shall Not Live By Bread Alone 155
The Devil Having Tempted Jesus II
                    – Do Not Tempt God 170
Satan 180
Satan Mentioned in the Scripture 183
Demons 193
A Man With An Unclean Spirit, Legion, Part I
                    – Come Out of the Man 200
A Man With An Unclean Spirit, Legion, Part II
                    – Unclean Spirits Having Entered the Swine 209

4 Antichrist and Evil Spirits

Antichrist 217
Evil Spirits 228

PART THREE
I Thank God Through Jesus Christ

5 Jesus As the Word

Jesus Is the Christ 239
Who Is My Mother? 244
An Ax That Was Borrowed 251
O You Dry Bones, Hear the Word! 258
The Dead Son of the Widow Revived 266

6 The Resurrection

What Is Resurrection? 279
I Am the Resurrection and the Life 282
Rapture
                    – Those Who Are Asleep and Those Who Are Alive 292
The Rich Man and Lazarus, Part I
                    – Resurrection of the Just and Unjust 309
The Rich Man and Lazarus, Part II
                    – Crafty Old Self 328
Sadducees Say, No Resurrection! 335

Finishing the Book… 348

Admin COMMENTS

Admin DATE

Preface

Many people say they believe in Jesus, but very few actually be-lieve in Him in the real sense. When we believe in Jesus and are then glorified, we will be one with God Almighty. However, in spite of this precious promise that is in Jesus, no power and glory of God comes out of us. On the contrary, we disgrace the name of Almighty God and Jesus, His Son, by behavior that is no different than that of non-believers.

God entrusts the word of truth to us, but we fail to appropriate the power and glory given in the Word and preach it to other people. All these things happen because we neither understand who Jesus is nor correctly believe in Him. You may think that you are sincere Christians and that you know Him very well. If so, where are the power, glory, life, and love He has given you? Our Jesus is alive, but in our thoughts only. He is dead in our actual lives. All Christian tragedies begin from here.

Ever since we believed in Jesus, God has blessed us so much and we are happy to be Christians. But our belief has reached a limit that traditional church teaching cannot move us beyond. Over a long period of time, in churches all over the world, Christians have tried every possible endeavor such as prayer, fasting, giving alms, soul healing, Bible study, charismatic movements, spiritual gifts, church growth, repentance, discipleship, and so on.

However, we achieve no satisfaction, no peace in faith. What is even more depressing, we have no other new initiatives to try since we have tried everything that we know. Indeed, it will only be a waste of time if we try to correct our current stagnated faith by adopting new initiatives.

Why? Because, fundamentally, it is not a problem that can be solved by man-initiated programs and efforts. Up until now, we have believed in a “legalistic Jesus,” thinking him to be the real, living, Jesus. The legalistic Jesus is the wrong one, created by us according to our superficial understanding of Scripture. This created concept of Jesus is not alive in our real lives, but is confined and we think of him only as a dead person who once lived long ago and who will come in the future on cloud. All our current problems are caused by this legalistic Jesus.

Primarily, Scripture, if we read it correctly, introduces us to Jesus, a man whom we should meet for salvation. We may think we meet Him because we are reading and studying Scripture and go to church. But the real Jesus is not mere understanding or knowledge about Him in our thoughts; He is “a man” whom we should meet. 

Jesus will come to us as “a man who has Christ in him,” such as Peter, Paul, and John, the apostles. He will save us with the power of Christ in him. Meeting a man who has Christ in him is the way we meet Jesus to be saved in this age.

And if we meet “a man Jesus,” all of our current problems will be resolved. We will be saved, as well as the church, and everyone who meets and follows Him.

Of course, God allows, so far, the blessings and prosperity of this world even through the legalistic Jesus. However, God would not give us such milk all the time, which is for an infant, but wishes now to give solid food, which is for the mature. The time past may suffice us to search for the worldly blessings, milk, in Jesus’ name. Now we should look for the salvation of our spirits, solid food, in our lifetime (I Corinthians 3:1-2).

This book testifies freshly about Jesus through reading Scripture correctly. We will speak of the following:
In Part One, “Communication with God” and “Offerings and Tithes” are explained. We cannot believe and understand Jesus cor-rectly because we have had no spiritual communication with God. You will learn through Part One what this spiritual communication is and what are true offerings and tithes offered to God.

In Part Two, the “Origin of Evil: the Devil, Satan, and Demons,” “Evil Spirits” are explained. They are the ones that interrupt communication between God and us and make us think the living Jesus is dead; a Jesus who remains in our thoughts only. Evil’s true colors have been hidden throughout Christian history, but now their shocking natures will be disclosed.

In Part Three, “Jesus as the Word” and “Resurrection” are touched on. Jesus will lead us (who are taken by the devil) to resur-rection and we will be freed and able to communicate perfectly with God.
The above arrangement has followed the thrust of some last verses of Romans 7 and the first two verses of Romans 8; that is, paraphrased, when I want to do good, evil is always present with me in my heart. I am a wretched man because I cannot destroy this evil. But, I can defeat the evil through Jesus, reach the world of resurrection, become one with God, and do good.

Now, we should hear humbly what the Scripture, the testifier of Jesus Christ, the Savior, really speaks about, rather than trying to interpret it according to the doctrines and the traditions of men. 
I hope through this book you would meet Jesus as a living, breathing man and begin to believe in Him in the real sense, and live the glorious life of Jesus for the rest of your days.

Chung DuckYoung
November 2012

What's new LIST

Mobile Web