ID PW AUTO 

NAOS Column

Death of Jesus

PAGE INFORMATION

NAME admin DATE11-02-18 09:40 VIEW1,912TIME COMMENT0

CONTENT

[Matthew 16:21-24] 21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. 22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. 24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Jesus told them that He should die on the cross, and Peter rebuked Him by saying that this should not never happen to Him. Upon hearing him, He told him to get behind Him, calling him Satan, and rebuked him by saying that he was not setting his mind on the things that are of God but man’s.

He means that it is the things of God when He dies, and it is man’s when He does not die but stays with Peter. How can His death be the things that are of God?

Let me explain this. At that time, Jesus meant more than all things Peter had to him. This is because he could work for Him as staff and have power when He did not die but was enthroned alive. As the one who could fulfill his desire, He meant everything to him.

As a result, if He dies, it means to him that his fleshly lust dies. Yes, it does. If He dies halfway after he left all and used all his life up for Him three and a half years, all his dreams will end in smoke.

by Chung DuckYoung, pastor

LIST OF COMMENTS

NO COMMENTS HAVE BEEN REGISTERED.

NAOS Column LIST

TOTAL 23 2 PAGE
NAOS Column LIST
NO SUBJECT NAME DATE VIEW
Viewing Death of Jesus admin Feb-18-2011 1913
7 Possessions and life of Jesus admin Feb-11-2011 2003
6 The present “I” is not me but another one admin Feb-11-2011 1553
5 Be all alone and live a lonely life in the Lord! admin Feb-11-2011 2797
4 Valley and mountain that shall be made straight admin Feb-09-2011 2138
3 Adultery and Being Born Again Admin Dec-21-2010 2354
2 Salvation and Heaven WestCloud Mar-09-2010 1939
1 Save Christian America - Leaflet Produced for ICRS 2009, Den… Admin Jul-30-2009 2336

Mobile Web