ID PW AUTO 

NAOS Column

Cry so much the more

PAGE INFORMATION

NAME Epistle of His DATE11-03-30 10:06 VIEW2,072TIME COMMENT0

CONTENT

Regarding Luke 18:35-43, Jesus drew near to Jericho, and a certain blind man sat by the road, begging. When he was told that He was passing by, he cried, saying, “Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me.” Those who were walking before rebuked him to be quiet, but he cried so much the more, “Son of Davis, have mercy on me,” and He called him to be brought to Him and opened his eyes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

When we open our eyes by Him, it means that we become one with Him and we fulfill the law in us, which is only possible when we meet Him. The blind man hearing Him pass by cried out for Him. The multitude rebuked him to be silent while He did not answer to him.

If he had surrendered himself to such impediments and said, “It’s done! I will go back and do what I used to do,” he would have died blind without healing by Him.

However, he strongly desired to live and open his eyes. Even if the crowd told him many things, it was their own business, and he wanted only one thing: to open his eyes. So he did not give up against their interruption but cried out louder than before to call Him. He resultantly met Him and He opened his eyes.

Just a small hope will not work for us, the blind in the spiritual sense, to meet Him and have our eyes opened. We must have much enthusiasm that will lead us before the Lord, braving the bigger adversity and obstacles.

To test the blind man’s eagerness, He did not answer to him when he first called Him. He does not open the eyes of them who are blind but do not care much about opening the eyes. He only opens the eyes of the blind who have a high hope of seeing.

Then, why does He allow only those who have the earnest desire to open their eyes? It is because they highly desiring it will endure to the end and never abandon until they take their own cross, i.e., to open their eyes.

If we have such a hope but give up by saying, “Ah, I’ll stay blind,” because of many excuses, e.g., self-respect, compassion, laziness, or others’ gaze, God will not be pleased with us. In spite of such obstacles, we must cry so much the more to pursue Him. We will then open our eyes and give glory to God.

Jesus is watching us for what we are doing now. It is the time for us to shout to Him and find Him.

“Jesus, son of David, have pity on me!”

by Chung DuckYoung, pastor

LIST OF COMMENTS

NO COMMENTS HAVE BEEN REGISTERED.

NAOS Column LIST

TOTAL 23 1 PAGE
NAOS Column LIST
NO SUBJECT NAME DATE VIEW
Notice Author of the Column Admin Feb-11-2011 2922
22 Fishers of Men admin Apr-10-2012 2082
21 Who is the Lord? Epistle of His Apr-07-2011 2317
20 Jesus, a means to realize the self Epistle of His Mar-30-2011 2159