ID PW AUTO 

Light

You Shall Not Commit Adultery - Part II

PAGE INFORMATION

NAME Admin DATE10-03-16 19:23 VIEW4,497TIME COMMENT0

CONTENT

You Shall Not Commit Adultery - Part II

Whose Father is God?

In John Chapter 8, Jesus disputes with the Jews. Both of them in-sist that God is His/their father. Here father refers to God. The fa-ther is the one who gives seed to the mother of the Israelites. The Jews thought that they had received the seed of God, but Jesus said they had not. Read John below:

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. [John 8:41-42]

Whose father is God? Needless to say, God is the father of Jesus. Jesus and the Jews are mentioning the same God who appears in the Scripture. Then, what is the difference between Jesus and the Jews?
The Jews read the Scripture as morals and ethics, the commandments of men. This is how the mother of the Jews received the words of men from the Scripture. For this reason, to the Jews who say God is their father, Jesus says that their father is the devil, not God (Jhn 8:44). The children who are born through the commandments of men are the children of devil. They are children of whoredoms in Hosea’s expression.

In general, we use the term devil when we speak ill of others. So, we may mistakenly conclude that Jesus has cursed the Jews by saying such as “Go to hell!” No, not so. Jesus, being love itself, cannot do so by nature. The definition of devil in the Scripture is the man who has left God. They left God, being deceived by thinking that the Scrip-tures are the morals and ethics of men. They are deceived by them-selves and are therefore seized by the devil. 

Jesus has come to take back the captives of the devil and to give them life. He wishes to enlighten them to repent and have them back to God. This book also serves that purpose.
The Jews are insisting that God is their father, but they do so out of ignorance. The Jews represents us, who believe in Jesus in the same way.

The Lover of the Mother of Israel

Who is the lover of the mother of Israel? The lover who is their father, is God created by themselves (in their own image). They created God to their taste based on their morals and ethics taken from the Scripture. Naturally, they will love this God that they made, and worship Him. But that is not God but Baal(Baalim), the idol.
Read Hosea below:

And I will visit upon her the days of Baalim, wherein she burned incense to them, and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the LORD. [Hosea 2:13]

This is how they served the idol. They prayed (burned incense), and accumulated self-righteousness of good deeds to show off to others proudly (decked herself with earrings and jewels), and believed in the idol, forgetting God (went after her lovers). All these days of idol worship will be visited upon them and judged by the Lord. 

At a first glance, the moral and ethical meanings of the Scripture looks good, pleasing to the eye, and desirable, so we follow. This is how our mother is after the lover, and thus we are adulterous now. If we carry on this faith, we will face the following day of visitation of the Lord:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. [Matthew 7:22-23]

Let him hear who has ears to hear.

I Slay Her with Thirst

[Hosea 2:3] Lest I strip her naked, and set her as in the day that she was born, and make her as a wilderness, and set her like a dry land, and slay her with thirst.

God says if the mother does not put away her whoredom out of her sight, she will be like a wilderness and die with thirst. This means that if she will not receive the right word of God, He will make her a wilderness and slay her.

It sounds like terrible punishment. However, it is not punishment, but natural law. For instance, if you drink no water, you will become like a dry land and then finally die with thirst. When He said He would strip her naked and set her as in the day that she was born, He meant that if the person remained in the state of having left God, serving self-made God, then he will be dead. If a man leaves the life, he faces the death naturally. It is not a punishment, but a natural law.

We can find many persons in the Scripture like those who have been stripped naked in their lives. The typical character thereof will be the younger son having left his home in the parable of the prodigal son. He left his father, he was plundered of all he had, and he almost starved to death. It is the natural result given to him because he has left the father, the life.

The case in which the prodigal son has left his father means fornication the Scripture says to us. When he was starving to death, he then tried to find his father because he realized he was much better in the house of his father than now.
The prodigal son finally said, “And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger” (Luk15:17).

I Will Go and Return

[Hosea 2:7] And she shall follow after her lovers, but she shall not overtake them; and she shall seek them, but shall not find them: then shall she say, I will go and return to my first husband; for then was it better with me than now.

If we have whoredom on our face now, we are living in the wil-derness. Such life will go on until we are exhausted and fall down. After that, we will show interest in the spiritual meanings of the Scripture and seek God truly. This is the return of us to our first hus-band. From then, we can believe in Jesus in the right manner.
The prodigal son finally said, “ I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee” (Luk 15:18).

Epilogue

In the parable of the lost son in Luke Chapter 15, when the younger son came back the father celebrated his return. However, the older son complained saying, “But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf” (Luk 15:30).

In living with the father, the older son was only concerned about doing moral deeds, such as, working hard according to his father’s orders, increasing his father’s wealth, not going around with harlots, et cetera. However, it turned out that he could not stay with his fa-ther (Luk 14:28). On the contrary, the father was well pleased that the younger son returned. He did not care whether or not the younger son was adulterous, whether or not he had gathered a fortune. He only hoped for the return of his son day and night.

If we read the adultery in the Scripture as physical adultery and live according to it to show God, then we are the older son. If we read the adultery as spiritual meaning, and follow it, then we will be returning to God, our Father, as the younger son.
Let us stop the adultery now. God awaits our return day and night.

On the contrary, the father was well pleased with the younger son returned. He did not care
whether or not the younger son was adulterous, whether or not gathered fortune. He only hoped for the return of his son day and night.
If we read the adultery in the Scripture as physical adultery and live according to it to show God,
then we are the older son. If we read the adultery as spiritual meaning, and follow it, then we will be returning to God, our Father, as the younger son.

Let us stop the adultery now.
God awaits our return day and night.

Chung DuckYoung
Pastor
www.fass.kr

Taken from <Fresh Eyes to Read the Bible II>

Last CopyEdit : 7 May 2010

LIST OF COMMENTS

NO COMMENTS HAVE BEEN REGISTERED.

Light LIST

TOTAL 25 1 PAGE

Mobile Web